Saturday, June 30, 2007

June 30, 2007

Today was the day I washed the walls. Also had a zillion people over to help, well, four. Red Baron, Shoop, Haitian Sensation, and Domenica. We made great progress. I put the guys to the manly task of sanding the downstairs trim. Red Baron flew all the way from Das Deutschland to help with the sanding. Shoop brought his ghetto blaster to annoy the neighbors.


We washed the walls with a non sud forming soap, TriSodium Phosphate. Wicked on your skin in high enough concentrations.


Completely trashed the downstairs 3/4 bath mixing the stuff.


While we were working upstairs I knocked a 2 gallon bucket of water and soap onto my hardwood floor. We sucked everything up with my new shopvac, hereby known as Vincent.


These two shop vacs nearly saved my kitchen ceiling. Nearly. They strangely resemble VINCENT and B.O.B. from the Black Hole.




Well The Spouse's cousin, you know who you are, will get the resemblance.

Man I loved that movie. "There are bold pilots and there are old pilots but there very few old bold pilots."

VINCENT would kick R2D2's butt.

Anyway, VINCENT and Old B.O.B. were unable to save the ceiling and about 20 minutes after the spill water starting pouring through my ceiling downstairs. Bummer.





Since 2 gallons did that if my roof leaked my house would dissolve!

No comments: